Effective Business Writing
Though businesses increasingly rely on technology, technological skills alone do not guarantee success in the workplace. You must still develop your ideas, express them clearly, and persuade others of their viability. This course offers effective strategies to sharpen your writing skills by structuring your ideas logically, exercising diplomacy in letters and reports, and shaping your arguments.
In contemporary business environments, information overload makes it necessary for you to communicate clearly and concisely. Trying to make sense of a disorganized email message can be frustrating given the number of emails you have to answer daily. By analyzing your audience, organizing your writing, and employing effective persuasive techniques, your writing will make an impact.
In this course, you will organize and write effective business documents.
- Identify techniques to write effective business communication.
- Write electronic communication that is clear, concise, and appropriate in a business context.
- Apply the writing principles you have studied to specific business situations and learn to address the needs of a particular audience.
- Use your writing and diplomatic skills to create formal business letters.
- Use basic persuasive strategies that will allow you to plan and deliver effective proposals.
Lesson 1: Writing Effective Business Communication
Lesson 2: Writing Email and Other Electronic Communication
Lesson 3: Writing Common Business Documents
Lesson 4: Writing a Business Letter
Lesson 5: Writing Business Proposals