Starting January 29th through April 13th, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program will be at the Goodwill located at 5307 Kingston Pike in Knoxville. This free service offers tax preparation to low-to moderate-income families and households who need assistance with their tax returns by certified volunteers.
Volunteers will be present Tuesday through Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm and Saturday from 10:00am to 2:30pm.
If you're interested in VITA assisting you with your taxes, you should bring the following documents with you:
- Social security card or ITIN for every person going on the return
- Photo ID for taxpayer (and spouse, if a joint return)
- Information on all income and possible deductions (W-2s and 1099s)
- Information on health insurance
- Proof of account for direct deposit
To get the most up to date tax products and information, please visit www.irs.gov.