CNC Operators wanted in Oak Ridge!!
Responsible for loading and making minor adjustments to preset CNC programs and operating manufacturing machinery to produce acceptable product. Works within a team environment to meet departmental goals. Maintains work area cleanliness.
• Perform CNC machinery set-up function by downloading preset CNC programs; make minor adjustments to CNC programs to direct sequence of machine operation
• Operate CNC manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable product per work instructions
• Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results and notify appropriate person of deviation when needed
• Perform basic machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
• Stack and transport product via hand-truck, pallet jack, forklift, crane, or hoist
• Clean work area, machines, tools and equipment
• Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
Health care plan, referral bonus program, time and a half overtime pay, and qualifying holiday pay. Now offering FREE online courses through Better Work Life Opportunity with courses ranging from Blueprint Reading, Electrical Maintenance, Production Basics and Safety to Administrative Assistant, Microsoft Office, Industrial Math and MUCH MORE!!
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to stand on your feet for 8 hours a day
- Steel toed shoes needed to start
- Must be able to train on 1st shift for 2 weeks
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
• Three (3) year relevant experience
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to understand and act on verbal and written instructions
• Intermediate math (algebra, geometry) and computer skills
• Ability to learn, understand and utilize CAD/CAM programs and G and M codes
• Ability to understand and use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening skills
• Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds