Production Operators needed in Oak Ridge!!
2nd & 3rd Shift Available
NOW OFFERING A $900 SIGN ON BONUS!!
Responsible for performing multiple processes relating to the manufacture of technical ceramics and/or metals following work order specifications. Works within a team environment to meet departmental goals. Maintains work area cleanliness.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operate multiple, complex production equipment and/or a variety of production equipment to manufacture parts in compliance with work order instructions; makes machine adjustments and contacts appropriate person when needed
- Inspect parts to determine if product meets quality/ customer specifications; takes appropriate action concerning parts that are not to customer/quality standards and recommends solutions to appropriate person
- Transfer parts to next process via computer software
- Load, unload and stack product; transports product via hand-truck, forklift, crane, or hoist
- Clean work area, machines, tools and equipment
- Train incoming operators on processes and procedures
- Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
- Health care plan,
- referral bonus program
- time and a half overtime pay, and qualifying holiday pay
- Now offering FREE online courses through Better Work Life Opportunity with courses ranging from Blueprint Reading, Electrical Maintenance, Production Basics and Safety to Administrative Assistant, Microsoft Office, Industrial Math and MUCH MORE!!
- Steel toed shoes needed to start
- Must be able to train on 1st shift for 2 weeks
- Must be a team player
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not necessary
- A minimum of 1-year applicable manufacturing experience
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understand and act on verbal and/or written instructions
- Read/interpret standard and metric measurements
- Intermediate math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Deep knowledge of handheld measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, drop gauges, and advanced measuring equipment such as SmartScope or CMM
- Use Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing to read and understand the relationship between complex blueprints and parts
- Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening skills
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds