Enrichment Federal Credit Union opened its first small office in 1950, as K-25 FCU to provide financial services to the employees of the Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant (K-25). The K-25 plant enriched uranium as part of the Manhattan Project. In 2003 we converted to a community charter which expanded our field of membership to include citizens of eight area counties: Anderson, Blount, Claiborne, Knox. Loudon, Roane, Scott and Union.
In 2007 we changed our name to Enrichment. The name was significant to us because it was a tribute to the work done at the now closed K-25 plant, and placed an emphasis on our ongoing pledge to "Enrich" our members lives by giving them Financial Solutions Made Easy.